A Thief’s Story
1. ‘Dashed straight’ means
2. Meaning of the line ‘ His face was clear and unlined’-
3. Hari Singh says-“ But I just hang around, smiling in my most appealing way,…” What does he mean to say so?
4. What can NOT be the Meaning of ‘ Put off’
5. Meaning of ‘ Get into the confidence’ –
6. Meaning of the line ‘Anil made money by fits and starts’
" My hand slid under the the mattress ,searching for the notes." The phrase for ' search for ' according the passage would be
'slid under' means
A word that means the same as ' a sudden shock'
" I slowed down to a walk and counted the notes." the line means
' to a walk means' means
' A walk' specially
".... quickly crawled out." meaning of crawled out ...
" I found myself on the deserted platform." deserted platform means here
" Leaving the platform , I walked slowly through the bazar." Leaving here is showing a -
" Pick up the speed " means
" A little drizzle " added to my discomfort." a little drizzle means
Footprints without Feet
1. ' Chink of money' indicates to
2, The owner of the house Mr Hall was a /an
3. The owners realized that griffin was not in his room from quite some hours because
4. " He panicked and began to run ." Choose the best option with the usage of the word ' panic' in the given sentence
5. 'Creeping downstairs ' means
6. 'Piles of quilts' is a
7. Differentiate the emotions between the usage of these two phrases:- " pleasure of clothing and " pleasure of rain "
8. ' Piles of quilts ' has been used as a collective noun . opt out the odd one that is not a collative noun
9. " My poor mother used to sit in that chair." she moaned - opt out the word that doesn't mean the same as ' 'moaned'
10. A word close to restaurant
11. "He decided to slip into a big London store for warmth." the line means
if you have confusion.. you can be confirmed by searching at google
Triumph of Surgery