& I’M FUTURE CONTINUOUS/ FUTURE PROGRESSIVE TENSE
TABLE OF CONTENT
I am Future Continuous or Future Progressive Tense. So after Past Continuous ,
it’s my turn now to explain to you how I can be useful to all of you. Brfore that I would like to inform you if you have not taken quizzes and read the conversation based on Past Continuous Tense , you can goo through the links and understand the lesson in a better way.
Now, let me talk about my self. You will not feel much difficulty in recognizing me. Whenever you have to express , your statement in a process in the coming future, you can take my help.
Understand with some examples:-
- I will be leaving for Patna tomorrow at this time.
- She will be coming to receive me next Sunday at this time.
- I am sure, she will be waiting for me.
- Sumi will not be eating mango, I know.
- Thus you can define me in the following way:-
“ Future Continuous Tense is used to express the actions going
to be in progress in the coming nearest /distant future.”
When to use:
Now it’s time to tell you how and when I can be helpful for you in framing your statements ;
1. action in future
Whenever you feel a need to express two or more than two actions together in a process in future, I am here to help you.
- I will be crying while she will be teaching me at this time tomorrow.
- Ankur will be watching the movie and I will be taking my text next Sunday.
- When I complain to my Mumma about my brother
- she will be beating him and I will be teasing.
2. Conditional Sentences
I can be useful for you at the time of conditions when one clause ( part of the sentence ) you find in the Present Indefinite and the action of another clause is found in the process in the coming future.
- She will be waiting for you when you catch the train.
- You will be crying for me when I leave this world.
3. When something is fairly certain to happen in future
This one is very common. When we often imagine the things in the process in the nearest future.
- Next week, we’ll be shifting to our new house.
- I will be working in my school next month.
Sometimes even in the distant future
- Next year when I buy the car, I will be driving & you’ll
be sitting by my side.
Subject + will be/shall be + V4 (V1st +ing ) + Object.
Singular I person ( I ) – shall be
Singular and Plural ( II person and III people)- will be
- I shall be crying hard on his untimely death.
- He will be playing well.
- Nishi will be catching the bus at this time.
- We shall be talking in the class
Subject + will be/shall be + not + V4
(V1st + ing ) + Object.
- Ashwin will not be participating in the debate.
- The boys will not be playing chess well.
will /shall + subject + be + V4 (V1 + ing )
will you be listening to me?
shall I be beating you tomorrow y?
‘Wh’ family word + will/shall + subject + be + V4 (V1 + ing )+ object
When will Dushyant be returning ?
Why will you be going to Delhi me
How much/ how many + related noun+ will/shall + subject + be + V4 (V1 + ing ) + object
How many bottles of juice will you be buying for the party?
How much water will you be having in your water bottle tomorrow?
Interrogative Negative Statement
In such conditions be attentive to only one thing .
——- Subject + Not + be ———–
Remaining part of the structure of all types of Interrogative Negative Statements will be same. Only add not after the Subject.
Will Kavi not be attending our party?
Why will you not be joining us?
How much water will you not be having within 24 hours?
Write 10 sentences –
Imagine and write, what will you be doing at this time tomorrow?