KINDS OF AUXILIARY VERBS
There are 2 kinds of Auxiliary Verbs
- Primary Auxiliary Verb
2. Modal Auxiliary Verb
There are 3 type of Primary Auxiliary Verb.
1. Be- Is, Are, Am, Was, Were, Been Being.
2. Has- Has, Have, Had, Will have, Shall have.
3. Do- Do, Does, Did,
Main verb is never affected by modal auxiliary verb.
Example- He can do his work by himself.
He could do his work by himself.
He must do his work by himself.
While Root verb is always affected by its Primary Auxiliary Verbs.
Check How Much You Have Learnt
1. How many Kinds of Primary Verbs are there-
2. Main Verb is never affected by –
3. Do, Be, Have- are the parts of-
4. Root Verb is affected by –
5. ‘ being’ – are the part of –
6. Did is the part of –
7. Past of ‘ have ‘
Share your Results: